War Games

I've never seen this movie before, and I had a great surprise, even when I did saw the "remake" form 2007 and I consider it as a meh movie, I really enjoyed this one. First of all, I was hooked at the star because of the protagonist, that is not sold to us as an unreachable super genius of the computers, but as a geeky guy that had plenty of free time, and the incorrect decision making on his childhood. Adding to this, it feels like a character that happens to be in the middle of extraordinary events, using his own skills to get out well from the chaos that is made by he trying to find the new video games form an interesting company.

The plot is interesting, as my professor said, for anyone in the last decade to get interested into computer systems or programming careers and get me with the doubts if I had real expectations around when I got into computer systems engineering or I was actually expecting some kind of super hacking courses and to being sit in front of a computer for the rest of my life. Even when I don't remember my expectations, I'm very happy with the results that happen to happen in my academic life.

I like the fact that this movie reflected that also any system is vulnerable, even the most sophisticated systems for the time, and even when that is a worry for the industry and for the programmers, I feel myself challenged by this possibility, having to questioning myself about the security constantly. Obviously, not because I could cause the WWIII, but because of having the safeness at the time of getting my job done.

Finally, I've enjoyed a lot the movie, but I think that I can appreciate more the details having already some experience with the computers history and the actual programming. I loved the movie's topics, the way that the plot went to solve, by making a computer compete against itself in tic tac toe and into a nuclear massive destroying game, and I loved the protagonist and his very identifiable way of being.

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Microservices

Is Design Dead?

The 4 + 1 Model